Tutorial: Finding Activities on the Boardmaker Online Community
You can search for activities that have been shared by others on the Boardmaker Online Community, and you can add those activities to your own My Activities list. You can use the activities as they are, or you can edit them to suit your students and objectives.
1. Select Community Activities from the Activities menu button.
2. Type a key word into the text box. A key word could be a type of activity, like “book” or a unit of study, like “ocean.”
3. Use the Narrow Your Results filters to find an activity that best meets your needs.
Helpful Hint: If you would like to capture data as students complete their activities, make sure to look for activities that will track student performance. These activities are identified with an icon of a computer monitor with a “P” inside. You can also find performance tracking activities by selecting Interactive with Performance as you narrow your search.
4. Select one of the activities in the list by clicking on the thumbnail picture. You will be able to view more details
about the activity.
5. Click on the Add to My Activities button.
6. Repeat these steps to add additional activities to your My Activities list.
7. Once you gather a collection of activities, select the My Boardmaker menu button to access the My Activities list.
8. You can edit an activity by selecting the Edit icon in the toolbar beside the activity in your My Activities list.
The activity will open in the online editor and you can make any changes you would like. Save and name the activity.